Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let it Snow!

I woke to the shouts of joy from my children "It's snowing, it's snowing!" Michael quickly leapt from bed and went outside to investigate (yes, after putting his clothes on first.) He informed me it was indeed snowing and sticking..hooray! I bundled the boys up and sent them out until they returned, red-cheeked and numb. While Sarah watched the kids, Michael and I ran a few errands as he was eager to drive on the whitened streets. We bought groceries for the next few days (chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight...yum), picked up a Christmas tree for Sarah's boyfriend and had lunch. When we returned, I made the boys peppermint hot chocolate and Michael lit a fire in the pellet stove. As the song goes..."The weather outside is frightful, but in here it's so delightful.." It's really beginning to look like Christmas.





Michael is like a kid with his coffee and some snow



The boys with their peppermint hot chocolate







And Ben just being cute...

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I am so jealous of the snow. All we are getting right now is yucky rain.