Sunday, August 31, 2008

At Least I Was Looking At The Camera


Yesterday we went to the zoo to see Rose-tu's new baby (elephant that is.) We waited patiently in a winding line, reminiscent of Disneyland, partly in mud while being chastised by grumpy middle-aged zoo volunteers for stepping over some imaginary boundary. 45 minutes later, we were herded past a glass enclosure, I trying not to hit the heels of the folks in front of me with our double stroller while craning my neck for a quick peak of the slumbering gray heap, partly camouflaged by tufts of hay. All this while the before-mentioned volunteers kept telling us to keep it moving. I brazenly asked if the baby had a name yet (how dare I!) only to get a scolding reply "No, no name but keep it moving." "I'm trying but it's not like I can plow down the people in front of me." I joked. Not even a twinge of a smile in return. Ah, well. After that ordeal, I wanted to get a picture of the boys and I together. They were less than enthusiastic. At least I was looking at the camera.

No comments: